Saturday, October 28, 2006

Row of African Violets


Row of African Violets
Originally uploaded by SunnyNole.
My mother-in-law is really in to African Violets. She brought us one... (the biggest one pictured here)... and since, I've obtained two more. The one on the far left is a project in progress... I have tried to cross germinate and grow a new one. We'll see if it works. These violets are in self-watering pots in my kitchen window. It makes me happy to look at them. The large one is white and lavendar. The small one on the far right is deep violet. the other two have not yet bloomed, although there are sprouts on one. I can't wait to see what color it is!!

1 comment:

Sheena, Hannah & Hailey said...

Hello Jessica! I am going back through your site and reading your posts. I love your site. :-D

I too love African violets but in my house nowadays keeps my plants alive has become the last thing on my mind. The order now goes babies, animals, husband, me, plants. :-D I would get a plant for my kitchen..it is lifeless.