Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Sketchy Dreams

I have been sketching. Amy at Creative Mom Podcast talks about it a lot on her show. It really has made me feel a need to sketch. Yet, I'm terrible at sketching. My sketchbook looks like a two year old drew the pictures. Really. So why do I love it so much? I'm not sure yet.

The sketchbook that I'm using is one the I picked up at Walgreens, for $3. I planned on buying a moleskine - but wanted to begin sketching right away, so I grabbed one quickly. Right now, I'm going to use the cheap sketch book, while I explore this medium. I'm not sure I want to invest in a moleskine until I am more confident.

But for now, I want to sketch. I think about sketching. My sketches aren't wonderful, but at least they are there. It is something.

Last night I dreamt of a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, a Pink Moleskine sketch journal, a Micron Archival Ink Pen (0.5), and the ability to sketch.

No comments: