Monday, January 29, 2007

Illustration Friday: "RED" : 99 Red Balloons

Illustration Friday's prompt for last week was "Red". As soon as I read the prompt, I wondered what I would illustrate. There are so many "red" things that I love. I thought and pondered all the while, humming "99 Red Balloons" in my head. I meant to get to the Illustration Friday prompt on Saturday morning, but I took Camden to the park and we hung out most of the morning, and then I began scrapbooking on Saturday afternoon and got so absorbed in that I didn't even take out my Moleskine. So, here I sit, Sunday night, and I'm STILL humming "99 Red Balloons"... reminds me of the Gilmore Girls episode where Lorelai has a flashback to when she is in the hosptial waiting to have Rory. She is sitting in the hospital with her walkman on and "99 Red Balloons" is playing. So after all of this ran though my head, I figured what they "hay". I illustrated Red Balloons. Now there certainly are not 99 of them but I tried to show that there were a bunch floating in. I also included they lyrics to the ending... which I love. This was done in ink, and watercolor pencil. Nothing special, just simple and it was fun!
Lyrics:
Ninety-nine dreams I have had
And every one a red balloon
It's all over, and I'm standing pretty
In the dust that was a city
I could find a souvenir
Just to prove the world was here
Here it is, a red balloon
I think of you and let it go

No comments: