Monday, May 14, 2007

An Art Drive

Today, I went on sort of an "art drive" after work, noticing all of the beautiful buildings and things in my daily path that are ART! I was sure to have my camera charged and ready, because I knew I was specifically going to photograph these things today.
First, an awesome truck trailer with a lovely painted message, and one of my most favorite words...

Isn't this awesome? I mean... Wow! It was surely done by art students from FSU, as it was parked near their large art studio/warehouse on Gaines Street. It's certainly something that I drive by and say "pretty!!!" everyday. It's amazing what a little paint can do for an old truck. (Which is why I've never been opposed to makeup of any kind!)

And what about this?

Art on an old building-- where you would never expect to find Art... The quote on the rainbow reads "The Arts Bridge Communities"-- a great quote and a wonderful painting. (Also located near the "Dream" truck, so again, I'm sure it's FSU Art Students.

Check out this Art Studio:

Pretty cool or what?! -- Now, I certainly wouldn't paint MY HOUSE those colors but an art studio in these colors is pretty cool.

Overall, I had a nice drive and got lots of awesome shops-- places that I didn't even know existed... and then, to end my trip on a sour note...
SHE (beeotch in the blue van.............)


CUT ME OFF

Almost RUNNING me off the road, I had to SWERVE just so she wouldn't hit me. I honked (of course) ... and what did she do? She laughed.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love the "dream" truck. That's so cool. And, love the "art drive." The final story though is really funny. That you got a shot of the offending car in the mirror cracks me up.

Sheena, Hannah & Hailey said...

I loved that trailer. It was so clean and pretty.

They repainted it now. I don't like it as much anymore.