Saturday, May 19, 2007

Floating Along... and then Bam, Bam, Bam!

So one day you're floating along in life, everything is status quo, and then something happens. Then another thing, then another thing, and another, and yet another. The last few months have been crazy-- one thing after the other happening like dominos.

Car Accident
Grandfather Dies
Baby in the Hospital
Other Grandfather Dies
-all of which have caused me to miss work-

When I sent the email today to let my colleagues know that I would be out Tuesday for my Grandpa's funeral, I felt like a slacker. I felt horrible. I felt like they are all going to roll their eyes and think that I'm making it all up. I'm not-- but that's how I feel. It's been a rough last few months and I just want things to be status quo again. I want to be the one that never misses a day of work, that never has any drama or excuses. -The person that I used to be.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

(((hugs))) oh I understand how you feel. Give yourself a break. If ever there was a time to not worry about what everyone else perceives of you, it's now! I am so sorry for your losses and all of your other stuff too - - - be kind to yourself. You need it. :)

Amy said...

Oh, I'm really sorry to hear this. I have to make a point to hit the blog not just Flickr so that I get a better perspective. At any rate, I am very sorry for your loss. It does seem to have been a rocky few months for you, and I sincerely hope life settles down. Wishing you peace.