Wednesday, May 30, 2007

June ATCs in Progress


June ATCs in Progress, originally uploaded by SunnyNole.

Yes, I've already started my June ATCs. The theme for June is "At Water's Edge" ... and I'm so excited because I get to experiment with MERMAIDS! I had my sewing machine out this weekend, and I knew I wanted to try ATCs and fabric... so I was able to begin. These are still a work in progress... So they're not DONE yet!

Just a quick post today-- I have a whole list of housework that I need to tackle. *UGH!*

Eye appointment at 3.30-- because suddenly, I cannot see! (My eyes are already pretty bad, my contacts are -6.25 in each eye... Yes, I'm blind!) -- So we'll hopefully get this vision thing solved-- I need my sight!! :)

Then off to the library -- I have lots of books on reserve-- and can't wait to get my hands on them! -More about those later.

My chore list is soooooo long and soooooo overwhelming, but my work schedule has been so slammed I haven't had a second to do much around here! So, today's the day.

Now, If I can just get up off this computer and go do it-- the quicker I get it done, the quicker I can have F-U-N............... Ok, bye for now!



Added Later: I do need to mention that Amy and I had discussed doing Mermaid ATC cards when we found these awesome mermaid ATCs. Then, since 'mermaids' is not a broad enough theme, Amy decided on "at water's edge" for the June ATC theme-- which is all encompassing no matter your "water" facination. Last summmer, The Mermaid Chair was a book that I recommended to Amy after hearing that she read A Secret Life of Bees and liked it. We bantered back and forth about the mermaid on the Starbucks logo, etc. Check out this awesome site on the evolution of the Starbucks mermaid, if you're interested: STARBUCKS MERMAID (Notice how the logo has become more modest-- wouldn't you think it would be the OTHER WAY AROUND?!!!!) So, these mermaid cards... yes, you will be seeing more! :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

I feel I have to go on record and say here that you and I both knew we were probably both doing mermaids. Otherwise, when people see mine at the end, they'll think I copied! But, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what you're doing here. It's awesome. And, great colors. Still waiting on seeing the helicopter sketch.

omly said...

Great minds, I tell you. I have a serious thing for mermaids (and dragons actually), and was thinking of perhaps doing something with them. No definite plans yet though.