Saturday, June 09, 2007

Coffee and Scorpions

My Friday started off with a bang-- I was in the mood for cleaning and that's what I did. While I was tackling the upstairs-- Camden happily playing at my feet, my sisters were at my door, trying to deliver this:

...and as you can see from the note, their delivery was not successful. They called, they rang the door bell, they knocked. I did not hear. Camden and I were too busy dancing to Mya "My Love Is Like...Wo"... oh, and of course cleaning! LOL! (Did I mention that my baby boy is a heck of a dancer?!) ... and anyway, about ten minutes after they were looking for me, I went downstairs, noticed I had three missed calls from my sister and so I thought something was wrong.... and I called them back and they said I had a treat waiting outside... and boy did I! How cool! ...but my favorite was the note that they left... too funny! So, thanks GIRLS! That one made my day. It's the simple things...

So, did you know that a scorpion mama carries all of her babies on her back? Here's a photo to prove it.

So, I went to visit my dad yesterday and he found this in his yard-- so of course I had to take pictures of it!... and then I read about scorpions... and did you know that they give birth to live babies? And as each baby comes out, the mom puts her long tail down and the babies know exactly what to do: climb up the tail onto the mother's back. The mom carries the babies around for two to three weeks or until the babies first molt. --But sometimes, the mother scorpion turns into Mommy Dearest and decides that the babies are too much for her to carry and so she eats them! Yikes!

4 comments:

Amy said...

What a great treat to find on the step! And, yeah, that note makes it!

Mary said...

Love the coffee and the note but the scorpion pic/facts creep me out!

cheryl said...

scorpions EEK! And in the MOOD to clean?!? What's that like? LOL.

Sheena, Hannah & Hailey said...

That coffee note was cute.

And the scorpion was just icky!