Monday, June 04, 2007

Creative Space..........Claimed!

Ok....... So, we have a closet in our house under the stairs that we fondly refer to as the "Harry Potter Closet". It is really our junk closet. We had big dreams for an under-the stairs library but never got "around to it...."....... so, my goal for the next few weeks is to get every closet in our home organized so much so that Marth Stewart would be proud! So-- feeling overwhelmed by this, I decided to recruit my beautiful, young college-going sister Christina to help me. She gladly cheered at an 'organizing' project!

Today, we began with the Harry Potter closet. It was a mess. We took everything out and sorted it. We threw all of the stuff that was not "crafty" into the garage and had stacks of craft supplies all over the living room.

Our stacks: Quilting and Sewing, Fabric, Yarn, Knitting needles, Scissors, Tape, Glue, Scrapbooking Paper, Embellishments, ATC goods, Stamps, etc, etc, etc.

Then, we went to Target, spent about $100 on closet shelving and those really cool cube bins-- it took us awhile to get the cubed shelf put together-- we did that first, and got it in the closet. Then we went on a quest for the drill, and decided that we should let my husband put up the shelf... hmmmmmmmmmm -- I'll update on the shelf later.

Anyway-- the Harry Potter closet now houses my craft supplies... and it's FULL!

... so -- that's what I did today-- and I fully intended to take a before/after photo but-- I am really shy when it comes to showing a mess-- seriously stuff was falling OUT of the closet when you opened it...

2 comments:

Mary said...

WTG, Jessica! At least show us the "after," though. I am itching to get my craft closet organized. It's going to happen this week, I hope.

Sheena, Hannah & Hailey said...

Maybe I need to get you and your sister to attack my "Harry Potter ROOM". ::hehe::

Hooray for organization!