Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Taking a moment to blog, when I really should be cleaning my house right now. It's a wreck! The first reason is because Camden is home with me. (He is napping now.) He has some sort of rash on his bottom, that _may_ be chicken pox... but we haven't determined that yet. Right now, it looks like he sat bare-bottomed in an ant pile. I thought, three days ago, that it was a diaper rash. I've been using balmex with every change, and nothing has changed. Then last night, I went over to my sisters' house to watch The Vagina Monologues with them. When I got home, Joe said Cam was not sleeping good -- that he was tossing and turning. So, he slept with me downstairs. This morning, when we woke up, the bumps on his little booty seemed to have multiplied. So, I gave him an Aveeno bath, and we called the doctor. The doctor told me to get benadryl and cortisone, and wait it out. So we did. Now, he's asleep: (in my t-shirt to let his body breathe, I didn't want him to be cold, but I didn't want to put on pants or shorts... so, he's in my halloween t-shirt.)



So, I have episode 6 of halfway there recorded... however, the program that I use to upload it is telling me that it's in the wrong format. So, I haven't been able to publish it yet. But... if the benadryl allows my little one to sleep a little, (longer), then hopefully today. I'll post the show notes once it's there so you'll know.

Other than that, I'm just trying to survive my day.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, poor thing! I hope he feels better. I would think if it was CP, it would have already popped up elsewhere, too. Hope he's up and about soon - but not until after you've gotten some things done ;)

marti said...

what a precious photo. i hope that your little one is feeling better, that you get the formatting issues taken care of, and that camden stayed asleep long enough for you to get something done.

kritty said...

How are the bumps? I hate illness and especially mystery illnesses! Just checkin' in... :)