Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Weight Loss Game

So...
I have come to the realization that I can no longer use the excuse "I just had a baby". My "baby" is practically a little boy-- walking, talking, eating solid foods, having conversations, etc. So, my little excuse for this extra weight I'm carrying around just is not working anymore.

So...
Sunday I had a discussion with my husband. He told me to do whatever makes me happy. I told him that it would be much EASIER to do this if I had something to work toward... not just weight loss, but weight loss PRIZES. We discussed my reasoning behind this.... because I could easily lose a few pounds and feel good and want to stop there. --when my ultimate goal has always been to continue, I never really have... So... this (hopefully) will help me get there.

So... wanna know what I get?
Well, let's talk numbers without disclosing REAL numbers. First, I'm about 5'4. I gained a whopping 60 pounds while pregnant, and have only lost about 20 of those pounds. However, when I got pregnant, I was probably about 10-20 pounds overweight-- (the books all say I should weigh between 115 and 140)... what a range!

So... I'd probably be ok just losing 30 pounds... but I'd like to try and lose all of the weight that I gained while pregnant plus an additional 20. (which is why I need some more incentive...!!!!!)

So... Prizes...
For the first 10 pounds, I get:


For the next 10 pounds, I get:


For the next 10 pounds, I get:


(now, on to the good stuff... because I ultimately could stop here and be fine... but my deep wish is to continue...)... so I will...

and for the next ten pounds, I get:

new bedroom furniture, something I've wanted for a LONG time!!!!!

and for the next ten pounds, I get:


...and for the final ten pounds, I get:


...So... sounds like a deal to me! ...and I think having a prize every ten pounds will really help. Especially the prizes for the last thirty pounds, which is really tough! :)

(Oh, for those of you wondering how I am doing it, I joined weight watchers!)

7 comments:

Mary said...

You can do it!

Karen Blados said...

Jessica-
Best of luck and I hope you get all your prizes. I wish I'd thought of that a year or so ago.

maria said...

WW is wonderful! I lost almost 40 lbs. on it and am now a Lifetime member, working hard to maintain my weight. Good for you for taking care of your health! Thanks for posting the scone recipes, I don't have a blog to link. I look forward to making them in the fall when the weather is cooler. I like all your prizes too! Good luck!

omly said...

Go you! Have you considered incorporating healthy snack ideas that are both kid and mommy friendly on your podcast? Especially with summer here, I know that I am snacking on "bad" stuff just because it is around all the time from BBQs and holidays.

Amy said...

Oh my... this is great! I agree incentive - especially BIG incentive - is a good thing ;) And, what great incentives along the way... but that red washer... cool! We'll all be with ya... and I can vouch for Lean Cuisine's Mushroom pizza - big time.

Stephanie said...

That's awesome, Jess!!! My new weight loss plan is pregnancy... LOL! Hope we can get together soon! xoxoxo

Megan said...

I'd definitely hold out for the red washer and dryer - they are totally cool. Good luck. The chat boards on the WW site are really great for support. I made some good friends there.