Monday, September 24, 2007

Fall Means the Holidays are C O M I N G!!!!


Snow Days!, originally uploaded by SunnyNole.

Fall means the holidays are coming! And. They. Are.
This was us, many years ago, before marriage, before Camden. Me, my mom, my two sisters and Joe.

And the reason I bring this up is because there is a chill in the air in the morning, and it's beginning to feel like the holidays are just around the corner. I'm super excited!

...and so is my MOM... bless her heart. She cracks me the hell up, too. Here's an email that we got from her... yesterday....

Disclaimer: I have not added anything to this email to make it better. She REALLY writes this way. To us. And yes, we laugh at her.

***************************************************************
Email sent to: Me, My 2 Sisters, My husband, My dad.

Hello Everyone!

I have been busy this weekend making our plans for our CHRISTMAS VACATION!!

Here goes:

As Leslie and Christina will come home after their exams, they will be home a week before we leave. On late afternoon, Friday, December 21st, Dad, Mom, Leslie and Christina will drive to (CITY)and spend the night. On Saturday, December 22nd, Joe, Jessica and Camden will arrive at Grandma Hawthorne's house as early as possible so we can start out on our 6 hour drive to Chatsworth, GA where we will stay one night in a 3 bedroom cabin at the following:

http://www.cohuttalodge.com/

The next morning we will get up and have a southern style breakfast at the lodge (check out the breakfast on the website under restaurant). Room check out is around 11:00AM. We will then embark on our journey to our cabin in Tennessee, which will take approximately 3 hours.

As you can see, the big travel day will be on Saturday, but Sunday will not be so bad. I will bring our walkie talkies so that we can talk to each other from car to car. We need to start as early as possible on Saturday as the lodge is on top of a "small" mountain in Georgia.

Our cabin rental is from Sunday, December 23rd - checking out on Saturday morning, December 29th. Our cabin is on Cove Mountain Road off Hwy. 441 between Pigon Forge and Gatlinburg. It's close to the very first cabin that we stayed in years ago (the A-frame on King Branch Road), only it's on the other side of the road.

For Christmas Day, (Santa will certainly visit on Christmas Eve) and we plan to have Christmas dinner at the Apple Barn (reservations will be made). I am looking into the possibility of an afternoon hayride sometime during the week.

We will have a wonderful time and Dad and I are looking forward to spending Christmas with all of you!

95 days and counting down.

Love,

Dad and Mom
**************************************************************************

And my reply?
Dear Mom,
This is hilarious. If your bank job gets any more hectic, I'm sure you'd excel at becoming a travel brochure writer. What, with things like "embark on our journey"... and "southern style breakfast"... and all the references? Wow. We can't wait! :)
Love,
J.

6 comments:

cheryl said...

and I write Dear Jessica, can we come too? This sounds like heaven! How lucky you are to have such a close family. I happened upon Gatlinburg once by accident on Cristmas Eve and it was like stepping into a movie. A total fantasy land. You are SO lucky!!!

Maria said...

What a wonderful Christmas holiday your mother has planned. Cherish every moment with her and your family. The time flies.

artgirlATL said...

Oh man. We're on our way. Sounds wonderful. What a perfect holiday.
I love how your mom writes too! She's a lady plucked right out of the pages of Southern Living! I myself am a Christmas nut. I drive my hubby nuts, but not many peolpe choose to decorate for Christmas the day after Halloween. I'm ok with being different.

The Garcia Family said...

Ok, by far my favorite part...."I'll bring the walkie-talkies" HAHAHAHAHA :) She's a nut, but I love it!!!

mommacurran said...

I am still laughing. That is so sweet...a little over the top, but sweet. What a great family you have.

Amy said...

Oh, that letter from your mom is so funny! I love the walkie talkies from car to car! But how awesome that she's so excited and that you "have" such a holiday together!