Sunday, September 02, 2007

Heading to dinner... an Update!


Camden Polo
Originally uploaded by SunnyNole.
Grandmommy and Granddaddy are in town. We went to Outback last night. Camden was surprisingly good. He wore my favorite shirt of his-- a teal polo. The color is just so vibrant! And he wears it so well :).

So, many of you asked what was going on. Well-- everyone falls into a rut sometimes and I just HATE working all week and then doing house chores all weekend. Seems like there is no time to rest, or do anything fun. It's a never-ending cycle. And my husband and I go back and forth about who does what and when. I'm the one who's always keeping a running comparative list in my head. Truth is, he does a lot-- most of it surrounding Camden though. So, whereas I take care of things in the house, he takes care of Camden so that I can take care of things in the house. By the end of the week, we are tired. We are ready to just 'do nothing' and the weekend starts, and bam, we have a huge list of things to do. It just gets irritating. I want to enjoy the weekend and our house, and most of our time is spent keeping it 'up'. I'm a clean freak, and that makes it really hard when you have a little boy-- I'm sure some of you can relate.

This weekend, we are painting Camden's downstairs playroom a LOVELY blue, and we are turning it into his bedroom. He has been occupying a small room upstairs and we're ready for some privacy. We're talking about another baby and that's not going to happen with no privacy... LOL! So, that's what we've been doing.

Pictures of the room to come....

Thanks to everyone who inquired as to what was the matter. I wanted to sit and write out a long post that day but was too mad and irritated, and of course I knew it would all be over the next morning. ...and it almost was... and now it's pretty much over.

3 comments:

cheryl said...

(((hugs))) I know how you feel. Excet DH is the clean freak, not me. LOL. But add working on top of it and man...another baby?!? Are you insane? Oh man - one is a snap compared to 2 and mine are 4 years apart! Maybe the thought of having another baby is stressing you out. :-)

hsing3kinder said...

Jessica,
~ chocolate and/or coffee and a mom's night out are really what you need. Maybe there is a MOPS group in your area? (Mothers of Preschoolers)
Maybe you're already around other moms in your age group with little ones Camden's age, but if not, I encourage you to find one. You'll get all kinds of practical tips and encouragement.
It'll smooth out. You're starting a new schedule and that is always rough.
I wouldn't make a desicion about another baby based on the stress you're feeling right now. Good grief, no one would have more than one kid if that were the case!

omly said...

I am glad you checked back in. I admit I was a little worried about you. I know the start of the school year must be an insane time for you. Once things settle a little bit, hopefully we both will have a little more "me" time.