Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Shabby Chic Snuggli Scarf


Shabby Chic Snuggli Scarf 003, originally uploaded by SunnyNole.

I made this scarf tonight for my MIL for her birthday. I used the kid's scarf tutorial from sew, mama, sew!, and just modified the sizing to fit an adult. She has red hair so I'm sure this color scheme will look great for winter. The floral print is a soft warm flannel. It feels sooo good against your neck!!! It was just what I needed while watching "Dancing with the Stars" tonight. The perfect project to get me back into the "sewing" mood, too! Now, I gotta go clean up!!! LOL!

6 comments:

karen blados said...

you almost make me wish i could sew. almost. my mom is so good she used to sew my dads suits and she tired to teach me. she failed. i told her i think it skips a generation.

kacy said...

Looks great!! Glad to see some sewing projects from you again :)

artgirlATL said...

That's beautiful. Love the fabric choices.

Maria said...

I could have sworn I left a comment on this post when it first came up. I think I'm losing my mind. LOL I think this is absolutely lovely. How did your MIL like it? And who are you rooting for on Dancing with the Stars?

Bev and Ollie "O" said...

oooh love the scarf, the fabrics are fab, I bet youe MIL will ove it! x

ps your little boy is a little cutie! awww x

cheryl said...

oh sew pretty! I love the floral! I was sewing while watching DWTS last night too! LOL.