Monday, February 18, 2008

Where Have I Been?


Knitting2.18.2008 005
Originally uploaded by SunnyNole.
A few of you have been writing in to check on me. Yes, I'm still out here... yes... I'm still creating... however, I just haven't had the opportunity to get online and BLOG about what I've been doing.

Let's start with the photo. After Omly sent me the most amazing socks for christmas, I just had to pick my knitting up and go beyond the ever-so-lovely-but-really-dull-knitted-washcloth and move on to bigger an better things. So, at my local yarn shop, they advertised a class on fingerless gloves and the pattern was coming from knitty.com! It certainly was a pattern that I had seen before and had loved.

Here is the pattern if you'd like to check it out: Knitty Fetching Pattern
and this yarn that I used from artyarns, (however, i bought it from my local yarn shop, Wooly Bully

I have to say that I'm not too happy with the yarn that I chose and how it corresponded to the pattern -- Although I'm a big fan of Artyarns and LOVE this pink and chocolate colorway, I should have went with a solid so that my cables would stand out. Check out the photo on knitty. Yes, that's how they should have looked.

Also, this was my first time with blocking... and I have to say, I'm AMAZED at what blocking can do for a finished object! Wow. Opened a whole new world to me! :)

So, I'm working on my 2nd glove -- and have signed up for another knitting class which I'm thrilled to be taking, and more on that later.

So, why knitting? Well.... I did mention the awesome socks that Omly made me -- and then... well, that's something that can be done while sitting or while laying in bed... which is ALL I HAVE WANTED TO DO IN THE EVENINGS LATELY! :)

I DO need to get my new sewing machine out of the box and put it to use. THAT is on the agenda. Soon.

4 comments:

Maria said...

Glad to see you post an update. I'm planning to learn how to knit socks this summer once I'm done with my masters program. I love your yarn!

craftaddictconfessional said...

Neat glove! And it's nice to "hear" from you!

Que Sarah said...

Awesome job on your Fetching!! Knitting can be completely theraputic - I take a small project (usually socks!) with me everywhere!
If you get a chance, check out www.ravelry.com - it's a knitter's dream :-)

omly said...

Looks like you have the DPNs down! If you wanted you could probably try socks now.