Saturday, May 17, 2008

Blocking the Clapotis


Blocking the Clapotis
Originally uploaded by SunnyNole.
Today I finished the clapotis... that means that the next step was blocking! This was my first time with blocking. I started with the spray-bottle spritz method and decided to do full water immersion. I was a little freaking out once I got it immersed in the water and then spread out at how much it G R E W! It certainly stretched larger than it would have had I just spritzed it... or left it unblocked... but I needed to see the STRAIGHT lines in the ladders. I was not okay with them being scrunchy, although I liked the photos on knitty.com of the scrunchy one... I for some reason needed to see the straight yarn lines. -- So... now all I have to do is weave in the loose ends once it dries!

In other news, my iPod has officially died. I've tried random trouble shooting and nothing is working. This isn't good with the summer approaching, but oh well. If I can't get it to work I'll have to use Joe's until I can get another one. Maybe it just needs a good charge. We will see.

Joe and Camden spent the majority of the day in the yard. I did some stuff for my dad at his rental property and then had to do the family errands-- Target, Publix, Library. Nothing too exciting.

I AM excited about the completion of this knitting project though, and I'm ready to get started on my next project, which will be a secret because it's for someone. Those of you at Ravelry will get to see it in progress, but I won't share it here for awhile.

Well I'm off to my bubble bath and then I'm going to weave in the ends of the clapotis so I can wear it around the house tonight. :)

1 comment:

Maria said...

It looks fantastic! You must have quite a sense of accomplishment. Enjoy wearing it!