Sunday, August 03, 2008

Ella's Quilt from Kacy, Some Inspiration, and a Name Change...

This is Kacy and a better shot of the little quilt that she made for Ella. Isn't it stunning? I just LOVE it!!!!! (Thanks again, Kacy!) :))))))

Since this quilt arrived to my house, I've jumped into my fabric stash and pulled out a few red and black fabrics and have a little sewing project planned out. It involves ladybugs for the 'secret garden nursery'. I've been so inspired!!!!!!

So, that's what's going on creatively here. A lot of thinking and mental planning as I clean, shop, and fold laundry... the never-ending list of things to do... that MUST be done this week so I'll have one week to rest before Ella arrives. (Note, I haven't actually done any sewing yet-- I had to take my sewing room down to make room for the nursery. Everything is organized in my bedroom closet... so it takes effort to pull it all out... and I've got to figure out what I'm going to use as a table... so... I've looked at my fabrics and I have a plan, I just haven't put foot to pedal or needle to thread YET... as I've had so many other things to do first...) :)

Speaking of Ella, did I tell you all that we've changed the middle name *again*? Yes.

Ella Maria is what we plan on naming her, although I've also been having second thoughts. I really like something else and Joe does not. He wants to stick with Ella Maria. Probably because he wants to call her E=MC squared. Nerd.

1 comment:

Christa said...

What a beautiful quilt! I see that you are about to have a new baby, congrats!!