Wednesday, November 12, 2008

And in the morning... I'm making WAFFLES!


homemade waffles, originally uploaded by SunnyNole.

Camden LOVES waffles. The other morning, he asked for waffles like Gee makes. Gee has a big belgian waffle maker and is known for making good waffles. So, I pulled out my waffle maker, which is never in use, and decided to make a double batch of waffles, some for Camden to eat then and some to freeze so he could have homemade waffles whenever he wants. (They are a million times better than Eggos!)

Here's the quick and easy recipe:

1 3/4 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
2 lg. eggs, divided
1 1/4 c. milk
4 tbsp. melted butter (I use "I can't believe it's not butter")

Sift dry ingredients. Crack eggs and divide. Add egg yolks to sifted mixture. Melt butter, add to sifted mixture. Beat thoroughly. Take egg yolks and beat until stiff. Fold into mixture gently.

Pour onto preheated waffle iron, close, and wait for steam. (I spray mine with Pam each time I make a new waffle so they come off very easily, I learned that from my mom too.)

We enjoyed the waffles and I froze about two dozen of them in large freezer bags. From there, I just pop one or two into the toaster (just like an eggo)... and voila! Freshly baked waffles whenever you'd like!

1 comment:

AmyC said...

My father in law does this with my boys.....makes homemade waffles and then freezes them. It is a great idea, but I think I would eat them all! The boys will have to just enjoy them at their grandparents. :)