Friday, January 23, 2009

Deceptively Delicious?


Deceptively Delicious?, originally uploaded by SunnyNole.

So, I checked out Deceptively Delicious from the library. It's a pretty cool book, but since Camden will eat most anything, including spinach and brussells sprouts, I didn't really have to apply the concepts of "hiding" veggies in meals. However, now that Dylan is staying with us, he is having a hard time eating his veggies at lunchtime... SO, I was able to apply a little of what I learned from Jessica Seinfeld... the pureed veggie trick!! Today, I added pureed squash to the shredded cheese in Camden and Dylan's quesadillas. It was a SUCCESS!!! They both loved them and couldn't even tell that it was 1/2 cheese, 1/2 squash! They were begging for more...lol. The reviews of this book on Amazon were not all that great, but I got a few pointers from it... so, check it out.. if you need to!

No comments: