Sunday, January 25, 2009


january252009 032, originally uploaded by SunnyNole.

(Yes, Camden's face is in the cake, sampling it, because he just couldn't wait. Oh well, what is a Mommy's birthday without something like that?!) Hahah! It was a nice birthday -Joe and Camden baked me a cake this morning, Joe made me a lovely dinner, and my two boys got me awesome presents, and beautiful cards that made me cry.

Joe also took me out for a nice dinner "alone" on Friday night and my sisters watched Camden. (Ella attended our dinner because she simply cannot be left with anyone yet - according to her...lol, but she was quiet the whole time, so it was "like" we were alone.) - We had steak and crabcakes and portabello mushrooms in a parmesean cream sauce.

My sisters called and want to take me out to dinner sometime this week. My mom and dad sent a lovely card, and I'm LOVING the birthday gift that they sent me - my new bedroom suite, which was such a large gift it was also a birthday gift, which I'm utterly grateful for!!!! Joe took me to dinner, painted my new bedroom, bought my beach bedding, and sanded and refinished a piece of furniture to go with our new set from my parents. My grandma got me a cool cupcake baking book and gave me her beloved apple cookie jar that she and my grandpa bought many years ago in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. My Mother in law is making me a set of beautiful wooden shelves embellished with dainty blue flowers for my beach room. Joe and Camden and Ella got me a new set of bake ware that I really really wanted, and a gift card to my favorite store.

And now, with a manicure, a pedicure, and a glass of red wine, I'm off to enjoy my two favorite shows: Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters.

As if my day couldn't be any more perfect.

Thank you, Everyone, I love you.

2 comments:

Kacy said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! And what fun presents you got :) Happy *belated* birthday!!!

Sheena said...

What a ton of wonderful and sentimental gifts! Lucky Mama.