Friday, February 06, 2009

A new project is underway.


February052009 013, originally uploaded by SunnyNole.

A new project is underway. This one is a quilt with "wings"... birds, butterflies, bees, & dragonflies that is. I know... How do I have time for this? Well, early morning hours, naptime, and nighttime. So, when I'm not with the kids, I'm in the sewing room. This will be a gift for someone special. I have each block planned out just so.

The reasons for my winged friends? Well, they are beautiful... but also,

The Butterfly is the symbol for renewal & rebirth.

The Dragonfly represents protection and good luck.

The Bumble Bee reminds us of the power to overcome the impossible.

...and...

It is said that the Hummingbird brings love as no other medicine can.

Yes, this quilt is going to be a special one. And I'l be at work on it every break that I get in the coming days.

More photos soon.

No comments: