Thursday, March 05, 2009

A Walk.


Photos by: Jessica Chapman

I took a walk to the mailbox today during the boys nap. Ella and I scooted along. I brought my camera with me, and my good lens. Besides the neighbors looking at me like I was some kind of FBI spy, It was a nice walk. I took a few photos that came out well, including this one.

And it was such a perfect photo for the day. Really. Because day before yesterday this was a bright yellow flower. And today, it's already a seed head. The dandelion can change from flower to seed head over night. Each seed has a tiny parachute to spread far and wide in the wind.

I like to think of this as a flower for me today. Each seed head is a moment that I spend with the boys and with Ella. A seed that will travel, and will be planted. It has been a trying last few weeks, and I'm happy to have gotten back into a sort of routine with the boys. And although some times are tough, and I'm exausted at the end of the day, it's all worth it. Because my little dandelion seeds are being planted: a love for God, a compassion for others, a love for art and books. It's all worthwhile, because although it may not seem important today, or tomorrow, or the next day, it's these tiny seeds that will shape these boys (and girl).

And that's the most important job of all.

No comments: