Thursday, May 07, 2009

Because my life really is like one big box of chocolates.

I have been writing this over and over in my head today - because these are the days truly worth writing about. And of course, once everyone is content and asleep and the laundry is done (oh, the laundry when kids are sick!) - I get time to sit down and write, and I can't for the life of me remember any of what I had planned to say.

The bad news is- Camden and Ella are both sick with some nasty stomach flu. And Wal-Mart was out of hand sanitizer because apparently everyone in Tallahassee is afraid of the swine flu- and I know what you're thinking and no my kids don't have the swine flu.

The good news is- While Wal-Mart was out of hand sanitizer, they had Jello Pudding Pops.

Joe and I thought the Jello Pudding Pops were non-existent since the invention of the fat free fudge pop. (Even though they don't even come close to comparing!) But, Alas! As I was scanning the popscicle section for the lowest sugar slowest melting popsicle that they had for my son's aching tummy, my eyes about popped out of my head when I saw the Jello Pudding Pops. And you know I was excited about them because I went wild and bought TWO boxes. And when I got home and told my husband what I had in the bag, you would have thought I bagged up Angelina Jolie and brought her home.

So in between cleaning up puke and doing laundry, we sat on the couch together eating pudding pops. And while I had him focused and quiet, I made sure to let him know that he can have ALL the vanilla ones. Because the chocolate ones were mine.

And not only did I stumble upon the pudding pops today, but I actually watched my husband do not two, not three, not four, but FIVE loads of laundry. Yes, five, because both children in our house were puking on everything that we own. And everything that we own that is not able to be thrown in the washer (say, the carpet, the couch)- had a towel over it, which in turn, had to be changed and washed each time a child so much as drooled on it, because that's how we roll over here- we take great measure not to reinfect.

On a more serious note, I'm hoping and praying for a good night. Joe is downstairs with Camden, and I'm about to retreat upstairs with Ella. Ella needs to keep her fluids down and do well tonight. We have a recheck at 8.30am in the morning.

1 comment:

CraftyHope said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the sick kiddos.
I love the pudding pops too. I re-discovered them a while back, and I too hoard all the chocolate ones. I will resign myself to the swirl ones, but NO vanilla! Awesome!! Love it.
Stay well.